- IEEE Fellow
- Awards for papers
2012 International Conference on Wired/Wireless Internet Communications (WWIC),
Authors: Ghazale Hosseinabadi and Nitin H. Vaidya.
Best Paper Award, 2010 International Conference on
Wired/Wireless Internet Communications (WWIC). Authors:
Vijay Raman and Nitin Vaidya.
- Best Paper Award, 2010 International Conference on Distributed Computing and Networking (ICDCN). Authors: Vartika Bhandari and Nitin Vaidya
- Best Student Paper Award, 2007 ACM ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHoc), Authors:
Vartika Bhandari and Nitin Vaidya.
- Best Paper Award, 2003 International Conference on Personal
Wireless Communications (PWC), Authors: Romit Roy Choudhury and Nitin Vaidya.
- Best Student Paper Award,
1998 ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing
and Networking (MobiCom), Authors:
Young-Bae Ko and Nitin Vaidya.
- Listed in An Incomplete List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by Their Students,
University of Illinois at Urbrna-Champaign, Spring 2006
(for ECE 498nv Wireless Networks course)
- Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Communications Society, 2006-2007
- Distinguished Visitor Program speaker, IEEE Computer Society, 1998-2001.
- 1995 CAREER award from the National Science Foundation
Selected Professional Activities:
- General Chair, Co-located 2010 ACM MobiCom-MobiHoc conferences.
- Editor-in-Chief, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing,
January 2005 - December 2007
ACM SIGMOBILE Mobile
Computing and Communications Review (MC2R), October 2003 -- December
- Editorial Board Member for:
- Foundations and Trends in Networking, February 2005 - present
- IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, December 2001 -- December 2007
- IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, March 2001 -- March 2003
- Wireless Networks (WINET) journal, jointly published by ACM and Baltzer
Science Publishers (a Kluwer company), September 2000 -- May 2002
- Computer Networks journal, Elsevier Science Publisher, July 2000
-- August 2002
- Program Co-Chair, ACM Annual International Conference
on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom), September 2003.
- Workshop Co-Chair, Workshop on Wireless Security (WiSe), September 2002.
- General Chair, ACM Symposium
on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking Computing (MobiHoc), October 2001.
- Co-Founder, ACM MobiHoc (initiated in 2000)
- Co-chair, Workshop on Principles
of Mobile Computing (POMC), Newport Beach, Rhode Island, August 2001.